Would I be able to show a BMF D'Uccle?

I'm just starting to get into showing and learning more about the breed standard, but from what I've found the BMF is not recognized. All that means is that the APA hasn't approved that color type for the breed standard, but I think you can still show them in an "unrecognized" category.

Here's the page for the Belgian d'Uccle and Booted Bantam Club's page on the breed history and standards.

Quote:
Yeah... what he said.
wink.png

You can show any purebred bird, as long as type and size conforms to their particular breed standard. A non-recognized color, which is what Blue Mille Fleur is, would be entered as AOV on the color variety and that puts it into a class that is for non-recognized/standardized colors for that particular breed.
smile.png

Last edited:
Here's the link I promised last night. It has the standards for all accepted varieties of d'Uccle ans some standards for varieties that are being perfected.

http://belgianduccle.hypermart.net/dUccle1page.html

No where does it list the 'standards' for BMF. But that doesn't mean it can't be shown. It would still be a variety just like butterscotch or buff. I'd follow the MF standards, since BMF is a muted (diluted)version.

If you look through the standards, the Mottled standards are for black mottled only, no blue mottled.

Last edited:
AOV is Alternate of Variety.
Showgirls are an AOV of Silkies.

Yes, you can show ANY bird except for mutts. Each entry has to be a breed category.
So Silkie would be the breed and Showgirl would be the AOV.

For me, d'Uccle would be the breed and Butterscotch would the AOV.

so if there was a color of a breed that wasnt in the apa (for example a barred polish) you could still show it and win? What about if you bred two varieties of a breed together and make a new color (for another example a barred rock X a partridge rock, but keep breeding until you have a barred partridge rock) could you show that or would it be considered a mutt ?

Last edited:
Quote:
You could only win against the other AOV entries. And would not get a Best of Breed.

Once you achieve all the traits for a rock, and could breed pure barred rocks, it would be considered pure, but you'd still be an alternate for variety.

I'm by no means an expert, but thats my understanding.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom