Would I really need two? incubators that is

SusanJoM

Songster
11 Years
Apr 7, 2008
Santa Rosa, California
I spent yesterday working myself up to the idea of buying an incubator, and I'm getting almost ready to take the plunge, but I have a couple more questions.

Can I start eggs at different intervals if I only have one incubator, or does that require a second one for putting the almost-ready-to-hatch eggs into?

Is that Hova-bator 1588 a good incubator for a beginner? I don't want to spend more than I need, but I don't want to fail because my equipment isn't up to the job. I like what I've read about that, but I also can't see myself buying two of them as a beginner.

Thanks for your help.
Susan

Hi susan and welcome to byc.
If you plan hatches at different times you should have two incubators. The humidity and temps do vary during the last 3 days and you don't want to chicks jumping over the ones that need a little more time and care. The genesis 1588 is a great one i hear. I'm waiting for mine to come and can't wait to get started and quit fumbling with these cheaper lg's from tsc. I should have bought one of those in the beggininng.

I started by borrowing my sisters little giant bator and hurried up and bought a Hova Bator because I was starting to stager hatches. I now have 3 and keep them busy all the time! I would say you need two one to incubate and one for hatching. I just started hatching in Dec. I got very addicted very fast! I love all of my Hova Bators, 2 are the reg. hova-bator with the big window, and the other is the Gensis, pre-set, plug and play.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Well if you put them in at different times then they'll be picked on I don't won't to preasure you into buying another incubator but I would get another. But your right incubators are expensive!!!!!

Hmmmph. I was afraid you would say that.

Okay, so let's say I go ahead, jump (while holding onto the anvil, as my friend would say) in, and buy two. I'm guessing I could go with a Genesis for incubating and then a slightly less pricey model for the hatching?

Susan

Back
Top Bottom