Would it be right to do this?

muscovy94

Crowing
14 Years
Nov 11, 2008
Vicksburg, MS
Hey everyone I have a serious question I need to ask yall. Well last year I bought a few pomeranian goose eggs and one hatched. I bought the eggs knowing that we were moving to a new house in a couple months, and the plan was to just let him live with the chickens until we moved. Well eventually he found the pond and loved to go down there. He would go down there during the day and come back to the house at night, but eventually he just stayed down there with the 5 pekin ducks that live on the pond. Well as planned, we eventually moved and I didn't have the heart to take him away and decided to just let him live at the pond with the ducks. Well I visited the old house to check the land and pond and house and everything and right as I pulled up he starts honking loudly and runs up to the house, so I run towards him and pick him up and give a great hug and many kisses. Thats the first time i had seen him in months. Well my neighbor has a pond in her backyard and she has a few domestic ducks in it. My question is, would it be wrong to take goosey (thats his name) away from his pond and the old house and bring him here to the new house? I really miss him and would love to bring him home.

Please give your honest answers.

Honestly if I were you and your neighbor didn't mind, I would take him back in a heartbeat!
big_smile.png

I don't understand . . . you abandoned him? Or did someone else agree to take care of him? If the former, of course you should take him with you, it was wrong of you to leave him in the first place. If the latter, you should ask the new owner if they'd mind you taking him back.

Quote:
The new owners have been feeding him and the other ducks. The reason I didn't take him with us in the first place was because we didn't have a pond and I could tell how much he loved the pond. But now that the neighbors have one I have been wanting to take him back.

Quote:
The new owners have been feeding him and the other ducks. The reason I didn't take him with us in the first place was because we didn't have a pond and I could tell how much he loved the pond. But now that the neighbors have one I have been wanting to take him back.

If you left him and the new owners have been feeding him, he belongs to them. You should ask them first.

Back
Top Bottom