Would love some of your expert advice!

Jendito

In the Brooder
Mar 23, 2015
We have hatched 4 (3 chicks shown) from a local farms eggs
smile.png

I am not entirely sure if breeds can be identified easily or even when they can so I thought I would post out of curiosity. I really appreciate anyone's time that will have some fun and insight taking a look at our families chicks!

Do chicks that have hair on their legs grow feathers on their legs as well?

Super new to the forum here! Excuse their names haha ... thank you kids!

CHICK #1 (Yellow Love Heart)

Chick #2 (Chirp)

Chick #3 - Trouble

Chick #3 (Trouble)

Last edited:
Chickens never have hair on their legs. What that would be is feathers starting to grow on their legs and when they grow up entirely they'll be a feather legged bird

Thanks twisted feather ... I meant hair as in their chick feathers their born with hahaha ... I appreciate your response ... That is very cool I thought that meant they would!!

Last edited:
The first one(yellow love heart) lol looks just like mine I'm not completely sure what breed but I've been told by a lot of people she's a red Cochin. I'm mostly convinced on the cockin just not the color. Only a few breeds are feather footed and I can't see the comb but if it looks like a single comb then it narrows it down more. Here's a pic of mine I call Brownie...
[/IMG][/IMG]

Thanks Whiskey! They do look very similar!! All of mine have fine feathers on their legs but very very little .... I am excited to see how their feathers come in :)

Back
Top Bottom