Would people please post a thread with a meaningful title?

Its just as bad as the 10000 threads asking what breed is a day old chick. Nobody will know that. Or the response of "mixed". I am quite impressed with the number of geneticist that can tell a breed at a day old. Lol please
Breed can be determined at a day old, given enough information.

I've spent a long time practicing. You look at physical characteristics and where the bird came from (if hatchery produced).

These generic titles are very frustrating. They become easy to ignore because they seem like the author is uncaring. What I've seen though is they are usually posted by newbies. They write the question in a hurry because they are in an emergency situation and have no experience with chickens. When they try to actually post it they get a message that they must include a title. Rather than take time to think up and type out an informative title the panicked newbie types 'help!' in the empty space. Now if they are attentive they will have posted in the appropriate thread. Otherwise you usually find it under THIS thread, a testament to their hurried newbie panicked state. So when I see a generic title I see someone typing in tears. I don't see someone who has been a member for any length of time. Answering the question while also giving direction and instruction on the best way to post will help them become good members of BYC.
JMHO FWIW.
Speaking as a newbie to chickens & byc, I appreciate your kindness

Yes: Kindness is good. Titling can be tricky. As a relative noob, I can attest to not putting a lot of thought into titles just because I was so focused on the problems I was dealing with - not that I didn't care or anything. I always endeavor to presume positive intentions and give the benefit of a doubt. At least, I try...

I like the idea of keywords. I will do my best from now on.

Back
Top Bottom