Would people please post a thread with a meaningful title?

What would be even better is if folks who "heard a long time ago" but don't know or have who haven't got any experience in the question they're trying to answer would just not answer at all. A recent thread comes to mind where someone "heard" that fertilized eggs have naturally occurring penicillin. Such a load of BS. If you don't know, don't have the experience, or haven't bothered to research the topic, just shut up!! Your misinformation is not helpful to anyone.
That's how we learn.

We have to disprove to determine fact.

I can't really say anything disparaging about people's thread titles. I understand why people who are new to the site, or those who are in a panic would just add a quick one or two word title. But honestly, I think we've pretty much all posted threads with less than stellar titles at some point. To me it's not really a big deal :idunno

I can't really say anything disparaging about people's thread titles. I understand why people who are new to the site, or those who are in a panic would just add a quick one or two word title. But honestly, I think we've pretty much all posted threads with less than stellar titles at some point. To me it's not really a big deal :idunno
No to me, either.

I do plan to start using "tag" words. It's a great suggestion, and it will help the search function, I am sure.

This thread is kinda funny...and topic is not new by any means.
I've been participating in forums for a couple/few decades(since they were called bulletin board or lists) and this has always been an issue....worse since 'stupidphones' came out, IMO. Some folks know how to communicate and others do not, luck of the draw, way of the world, etc.
Everyone has a choice whether or not, and how, to respond to the less literate(be it language, computer, or forum literacy).

This thread is kinda funny...and topic is not new by any means.
I've been participating in forums for a couple/few decades(since they were called bulletin board or lists) and this has always been an issue....worse since 'stupidphones' came out, IMO. Some folks know how to communicate and others do not, luck of the draw, way of the world, etc.
Everyone has a choice whether or not, and how, to respond to the less literate(be it language, computer, or forum literacy).
I guess it's ironic, then, that I have a PhD in English.

Back
Top Bottom