Would Someone Call Jack Frost?

smile.png
I ain't complaining.

Lisa

Central Texas is in the mid-nineties, we're paying for our pleasant summer. But overall, I can't complain too much, we didn't have one day of 100+ this year. Its just that by October, I'm ready for that first cool front. It always seems to me that it should cool off about the time school starts, and in Texas it never does.

High today 87 in Bama Country! Getting a little bit cooler. Wheww! Delivering mail in high 98-100's-was gettin the best of me!! I haven't traveled the country much but people who have say Alabama humidity is a killer! Guess I'm used to it but it wreaks havoc on the hair!
barnie.gif
I'm with most of the rest of you-looking for a frost!!

We're expecting a Nor' easter this weekend. Snow expected in the mountains...I'm sure I'll see some snow this weekend, or rain. If it's snow I'll take pictures and tease all you southerners roasting to death.
tongue.png

And then this December when you still have green grass and I'm under a foot or two of snow,
sad.png
you all can take pictures and tease me!
lol.png

Last edited by a moderator:
We're expecting a Nor' easter this weekend. Snow expected in the mountains
oh noo not yet angie! I had better warn my stepson who is in bangor in college there, Hubby had to make the 10 hour round trip up there couple weeks ago to bring him warm clothes he said its been getting really cold there im down below ya in NH right at the border of mass,will be keeping a eye on the weather up there this year! hope its just rain for you im not ready for snow here yet:(

Jack Frost is presently visiting Kodiak Alaska! The water in our coop had ice on it this morning! We had our first few snow flurries on Saturday. We had a really cold winter, last year, and it looks like we're in for another cold one.

While I'm here, I have a question: Last winter, with blizzards and temps between 15 and 25, I kept a heatlamp on in the coop because I thought it was too cold. My husband and I are discussing whether they were too warm, as some of the hens lost their feathers.

What is too cold? We have 9 hens of various colors and temperments. Our coop is big enough for many more, so they aren't going to keep it warm with their body heat, that's for sure.

Back
Top Bottom