Would they be okay

Can you set up a camera to show the food and water, so you can check it yourself remotely? Then if they dump the water, or something else goes wrong, you could have the friend come fix the problem. If they are fine, there is not need for anyone to come do anything.

If the chickens do have enough food and water, and the coop is big enough and secure against predators, they should be fine for that length of time.
Are coop is completely predator-proof and I'm not able to free-range anyway so they are used to staying in the coop and run I leave the hen house door open all night so there's no worries there I just bought some bigger waterers so they'll have 17 gallons of water to last them and plenty of food I will definitely see if I can set up a camera to keep an eye on them

If the chickens do have enough food and water, and the coop is big enough and secure against predators, they should be fine for that length of time.
x2 (and actually I'm typing this from our first proper vacation since we've gotten chickens lol).

Due to the bird flu we'd rather not have anyone come into the chicken area, so I put out about twice as much food as they'd normally eat and a completely full waterer, and I think they'll be just fine with that for the few days we'll be gone.

We go away quite a bit. I have at least 2 waterers & feeders in case one gets tipped over or blows a hole or something like that that would never happen, lol. I have auto doors & a camera on the doors. I also ask neighbors to come collect eggs once in 3-4 days, I let them keep the eggs. All good here!

We go away quite a bit. I have at least 2 waterers & feeders in case one gets tipped over or blows a hole or something like that that would never happen, lol. I have auto doors & a camera on the doors. I also ask neighbors to come collect eggs once in 3-4 days, I let them keep the eggs. All good here!
Thanks, I think that's what I will do:)

Back
Top Bottom