Would this be a good floating duck house? (UPDATED WITH PICS!!!!!)

Thanks everybody. Sorry it took so long. Between weather and finding help to put it out, it just took a while.
wink.png

Now I just wonder how long it will take for the ducks to start using it. Heck, they won't even swim on the same side of the pond that it's on.
hu.gif

Also, I was wanting to get everyone's opinion. Should I have put hay inside? My only concerns with hay was that I would have to go out to the house a lot and replace it, and, that the female would lay there. Since she most likely will not sit on them (they are Peking ducks) they would just sit out there and rot, and that would NOT be a pleasant smell.

Thanks everybody. Sorry it took so long. Between weather and finding help to put it out, it just took a while.
wink.png

Now I just wonder how long it will take for the ducks to start using it. Heck, they won't even swim on the same side of the pond that it's on.
hu.gif

Also, I was wanting to get everyone's opinion. Should I have put hay inside? My only concerns with hay was that I would have to go out to the house a lot and replace it, and, that the female would lay there. Since she most likely will not sit on them (they are Peking ducks) they would just sit out there and rot, and that would NOT be a pleasant smell.

I don't know how far from shore this is or how deep but you do know there are predators that would swim for a chance at eating some nice fat Penkins. And I hope you have a small boat because if they use it and it doesn't have hay or some other type of bedding to absorb the poop, the flies will be awful and they probably won't use it after a while. Just a few things to think about.

Just a quick update. Ducks haven't even swam close to the thing yet. Turtles, on the other hand, are loving it.
roll.png

Last edited:
Well at least someone is using it. maybe when the weather warms you can actually take them out there and sit with them so they can see it won't eat them.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom