Would this small coop work?

It will work great in a sense that it will take your money and eventually have you modifying it to fix the issues with it. Many people say those type of coops don't hold up because of how cheaply constructed they are and aren't really designed well for function.

To me a smarter investment if you're serious about owning a small flock, is buy the items to make a secure run structure first, then get the coop figured out 2nd. If the run uses up most of your budget, you don't need anything huge for a small flock - something like a free kids playhouse, small pallet-constructed coop, even an old armoire/dresser would likely be a nice coop size for 2 birds. I'd personally look into the playhouse coops, if you image search for them you'll see some really nice builds for just a few birds.

I'd look into pole structures, kennel fencing, a hoop house structures, DIY-built something, or some other predator-proof run structure that fits your yard space first. Figure it's going to run you at least $500 to get something actually secure and well-built enough to last.

Good luck!

Thank you all!

I was wondering about the ventilation. Would you have any recommendations on cute coop @3KillerBs , it has to look nice for the hoa to approve.

I tend to go for practicality, but I think that a plain, simple coop -- maybe with a functional cupola for decorative ventilation? -- wouldn't be difficult to paint and trim to make pretty. :)

If you match the roof angles and general style of the house it would fit in nicely to the yard. :)

Back
Top Bottom