would this suffice as a run?

I love using chain link kennels for our birds. We have both large and small predators, and the chain link keeps out the bears and mtn. lions, and I add hardware cloth around the bottom for anything that can squeeze through or reach through. I have mostly bantams, and when they were younger they could walk right through chain link. Weasels are the only thing that can climb up and squeeze through now, but my girls are locked in the hen house at night. I haven't had a problem yet. Also have wired the top. Couldn't use netting because a bear would have no problems getting through. Although a bear could rip through almost anything. They get into neighbors campers and tear through walls into people's houses. Have to hope they'll be happy with the neighbor's trash and leave the chickies alone.

I use a dog kennel like the one you have pictured for my 2 silkies at the moment. I have netting wrapped around the whole thing. Then i put a roof over the top to keep out the rain. So far it works great and I have patio bricks for the floor with sand over top keeps animals from digging in. I want to wrap the whole thing in hardware cloth soon. It's just been to hot to work outside for more then a few minutes at a time. But here is a picture of mine.

puletcage2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom