Would this work to keep my ducks in?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Chicken0Boy, Mar 15, 2011.

1. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Quote:Sounds a bit small for 5 ducks. I have 4 ducks in a 10' x 10' pen and they make a muddy mess daily. For sleeping overnight, the duck house might be okay, but it really would be better if you made it larger and did not put it on stilts. Ducks don't do well with ramps. And they won't fly up at night like chickens do.

Also, as far as the pond, make sure you make it really easy to drain and clean. I just use a baby pool, but it's a pain to dump it every day. I have gotten the parts for a drain system, just haven't installed it yet!

You'll love having ducks, they are a lot of fun! [​IMG] Just messy!

2. Quote:Sounds a bit small for 5 ducks. I have 4 ducks in a 10' x 10' pen and they make a muddy mess daily. For sleeping overnight, the duck house might be okay, but it really would be better if you made it larger and did not put it on stilts. Ducks don't do well with ramps. And they won't fly up at night like chickens do.

Also, as far as the pond, make sure you make it really easy to drain and clean. I just use a baby pool, but it's a pain to dump it every day. I have gotten the parts for a drain system, just haven't installed it yet!

You'll love having ducks, they are a lot of fun! [​IMG] Just messy!

I had a later post and I changed me measurments. [​IMG] I changed it to a 4x6x6 coop with a 10x15x6 run with a kiddie pool. Would that work? [​IMG]

3. *DuckLuvR*

*DuckLuvR* In the Brooder

Feb 24, 2011
    Coweta, Oklahoma
    I'm getting 6 ducks like yours. I've built a 12x30 duck pen , which will include a year round pond. And I'm using large dog houses for duck houses. They have them at Lowes too along with the pond.

4. *DuckLuvR* :

I'm getting 6 ducks like yours. I've built a 12x30 duck pen , which will include a year round pond. And I'm using large dog houses for duck houses. They have them at Lowes too along with the pond.

I am way off the measurments then! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: