Would you complain?

And all of the dark ones except the maybe silkie have weird colored feet.

Attachments

• 3154_1546473777585.jpeg
    3154_1546473777585.jpeg
    68.3 KB · Views: 34
They all look like Wyandottes but different colors. Chick 2 is blue, 3 is chocolate mixed with gold laced maybe, rest are black.
What I'm thinking happened is that the owner didn't actually understand how to breed BLR Wyandottes. From what I'm seeing it looks like maybe she had crossed Blue wyandottes with gold laced.
Given the one with the single comb, the breeder didn't even use good Wyandottes.

View attachment 1631722 Mixed Breed. Mine is not a blue but their feathering is very distinctive. And yes I’d send photos and complain. You’ve been caring for these birds so I’m sure your attached. I would not breed the if your looking for Wyandotte’s. Best wishes

Thanks so much. Wyandottes are a new breed for us. My daughter wantes to begin raising these for show, and too breed. I am sure that they will just go to the egg laying pen, because the kids are attached. But I am frustrated that I need to start all over searching for a breeder to get her started.

I know she has several varieties of wyandottes, and I wondered if I just ended up with different color crosses, till it became obvious that two have single combs. I mean when one hatched with an extra toe and feathered legs I knew it wasn't right...

As they are shipped eggs, ultimately you know she says she has x,y or z birds......but you only have her word for that. Unfortunately there are unscrupulous folks in all walks of life, including the poultry world. Ultimately you didn't receive o e bird of the breed you purchased and those you got are not of the quality you were expecting even if the wrong breed(s) so this is not a good breeder that just grabbed the wrong eggs....its someone I would want no further dealings with as far as replacements, etc..... Money back, sure......if you xan....
Did you order/pay through any service (ebay, paypal, etc)? Do you ha e anytjong showing that BLRW are what were ordered specifically or just general "hatching eggs"?

As they are shipped eggs, ultimately you know she says she has x,y or z birds......but you only have her word for that. Unfortunately there are unscrupulous folks in all walks of life, including the poultry world. Ultimately you didn't receive o e bird of the breed you purchased and those you got are not of the quality you were expecting even if the wrong breed(s) so this is not a good breeder that just grabbed the wrong eggs....its someone I would want no further dealings with as far as replacements, etc..... Money back, sure......if you xan....
Did you order/pay through any service (ebay, paypal, etc)? Do you ha e anytjong showing that BLRW are what were ordered specifically or just general "hatching eggs"?
:thumbsup:goodpost:

Back
Top Bottom