Would you recommend an RCOM20?

Garden Gal

Songster
10 Years
Apr 11, 2009
Virginia
I'm new to incubating and have a hovabator 160N. If I were to consider adding another (better?) incubator, would the RCOM 20 be a good one for non-commercial hatching?

Thanks!

Lots of folks here have Genesis 1588 and love it. I ave, just like you, the good ole 1602 N and added a auto turner. I prob will buy a 1588 and turner when we settle down in a few years.

I have the Brinsea Octogon 20 and I love it. My only complaint is that it's quite small. But, I think that's part of the reason it holds temp and humidity so well.

Also, it's MUCH easier to clean than the styro models.

Quote:
how come?

I have one and I do have some issues with it, the turner stopped working (as soon as I am not hatching like a maniac I will open it up to see why, and the bottom is very slick so that when the chicks hatch they cant get enough traction to stand properly and their legs spread out like spraddle leg, so if you do get it put something on the floor when it is time to hatch.

Other than that I do like it and get great hatches from it, but it is small and even smallet when you use the dividers which you sort of have to in order for the eggs to turn with out hitting each other and getting messed up. I use it as a hatcher now and my genisis as my first 18 days bator.

Ahappychick - the floor of yours is slick? Are you using the egg basket that came with it? I'm sure you must be. That's interesting, as I've never seen a chick slip on my floor. Hmmm....

Too much money for a plastic incubator that holds only 20 eggs. You can get a gqf for not much more. There is a guy on eggbid that will build you one whatever size you want very reasonable.

Quote:
lol what do you mean egg basket? mine just camme with a plastic frame thing that sticks in with plastic dividers to put in, am I missing a part? lol that would not surprise me
lol.png

I also agree it is very expensive for the amount it holds, mine was a gift and frankly i would have spent the money on more genisis 1588's.

Back
Top Bottom