Would you rent to me?!!! Small rant

4 large dogs (old or not) is a liability to most folks who have rental property. I personally wouldn't rent to somebody with that many. I'd insist on a 1 or 2 pet max. They want more than that, the house can be purchased as is for X amount of dollars and we like cash
smile.png

I rented for a while with a bunch of cats and dogs (5/4) and I got around it by bribing them with a stinkin' great deposit.

Yeah, its gonna be tough no matter what. Its not just that you have dogs, its the number and the size. You can sometimes use a big deposit as a bribe. Also, when we rented with dogs (smaller and fewer though) we made sure to say "We have 3 small Crate-trained' dogs. They only come out to potty or eat or play, they do not get free roaming privieleges". Sometimes the fact the dogs will be crated will help sway an undecided owner.

I dont know how the real estate market is in your area, but if its anyhting like my market, you may have plenty of time to find the right place.

I hope you guys are able to sell quickly and find the perfect place soon!

Offer a HUGE deposit, with the stipulation that it be placed in an interest bearing account, and that interest be paid to you along with any part that is unnecessary for cleaning. Alternatively, why does the nearby farmer want to buy? for the land or for the house? if for the land, maybe he would rent the house back to you?

Quote:
This kinda sounds like fun. Just one dumb question whats a travel trailer? Is it the same as a rv? Is this a good thing in iowa winters? Our duaghter is 6months old. Is her starting to crawl a problem? If its the same as a rv there is a ton for sale by us. Whats a koa? Sorry we dont camp a lot and if we do its with tents.

Ive found one place where we could have them but its as much as our house now. So whats the point? Trying to see if the labs can live with my in laws till we find something. Then it should be easier to find something. Wish someone would just meet the dogs then they could see they are trained to high heaven. Wish people wouldnt ruin it for others.

Back
Top Bottom