Wouldn't member directories by state be great?

Quote:
Joe, i've already told them. they know EVERYTHING...just go turn yourself in now to save face!
tongue2.gif

Hmmm......

I think this is a great idea! The frapper map is fun, but it would be nice to have something integrated with the site.

State is a good start, but is pretty broad. Zip code would be really great because it could be integrated into a map and doesn't allow for different spellings, abbreviations, etc. BUT a lot of peeps may not want that specific of information.

Maybe we start with a State pulldown selection in the profile and go from there?

Anything that will help us to locate fellow members within our own state so that we can get together to swap chicks, chickens, eggs, or tall tales! Thanks Nifty!

I don't think the zip code thingy would be good though. That's probably getting a little too specific for most people.

Quote:
I agree completely! This would be so very helpful because there have been several times I went to contact a fellow member but could not remember how they spelled their user name (what a pain
barnie.gif
) and tried to find it by using the user list. It took me forever to just get to a page anywhere near the point in the list I needed to be. I was sooooo frustrated! I could remember their name and the state they lived in but without the exact correct spelling as they used it here on the board, I could not contact them.
We SOOOOOOO need something like this! PLLLEEEEEAASEEEE!!!
bow.gif

Okay everybody. Let's say we add the ability to select a state in your profile. Well, the big question is how do we use that info?

Just displaying it with your profile won't really help. I'm guessing you want the ability to show a list of all members by state? Like a clickable list?

Are you wanting this tied into BST, or just a directory, like: Show me all members in Georgia: then a list is displayed of all members in Georgia and maybe the a link to their profile and the last time they posted?

Help brainstorm. If the ideas are good and will be helpful, I'll allocate some time and money to my programmer to work on it.

"Are you wanting this tied into BST, or just a directory, like: Show me all members in Georgia: then a list is displayed of all members in Georgia and maybe the a link to their profile and the last time they posted?"

NiftyChicken, thanks soooo much for being so interested in this. Wow! When I started the thread I wasn't sure if anything would come of it!
celebrate.gif

As I quoted you above, that is exactly what I had envisioned when I came up with this. Just a simple BYC directory, accessible to members only. Also, I wouldn't replace this in the "location", just make it an additional feature.

I'm no computer/internet/techno type person, but I'm sure this will take lots of time and planning. But I really do think that it would greatly benefit all of us, and hopefully be a simple-to-use tool that anyone can find/use.

Back
Top Bottom