Wound with maggots I can't get rid of **NOW WITH PICS**

Oh elvisfan. I certainly didnt mean to ruin it for you, what you are doing for your bird is wonderful! I can honestly say I probably wouldnt be so motivated with one of my meat chickens, but my layer girls, you bet your life I would. They are my "girls" .

I just watched a show on animal planet, it was one of the animal police shows, and a dog had maggots on its ears. The vet said to put peroxide on them and it would kill them instantly. However, I probably would not do that with a deep wound as you do not want dead maggots in a deep wound and not be able to get them out.
hmm.png

Quote:
You certainly didn't ruin anything for me Miss Deb!! I just meant I have had the JCX before and I understand their life span... I don't like it, but I understand it.

Quote:
I was on the verge of using peroxide, but I can't find the bottle I have, she seemed to do well with regular soap and water, salt water and antibiotic ointment, those maggota grossed me out beyond words!!!

Good! I just didnt want to say something wrong. Sometimes when I type things just dont come out right. My mind thinks one thing and my fingers think another.....

I think its wonderful that you are doing all you can for her, who knows! She may outlive us all! lol!

LOL! Don't think she'll outlive us all but at least she deserves to be healthy for the life she DOES have
smile.png

P.S. My fingers talk before my mouth tells them to shut up as well, and this >>>
duc.gif
doesn't work on fingers
wink.png

Well, she's outside.... I have ONE tiny rooster, Fuji, my black jap and that h**ny little fart tried mating her in 5 minutes and wont leave her alone. She's twice his size and not really pretty but he's adamant, SHE however, is not amused, especially since she can't run away still being lame. It'll be dark soon and she'll have peace. Crossing my fingers for the little thing.

Back
Top Bottom