20201028_102706.jpg
    287 KB · Views: 5
  • 20201028_102728.jpg
    20201028_102728.jpg
    269.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 20201028_102706.jpg
    20201028_102706.jpg
    287 KB · Views: 5
Just to clarify, she was attacked by your rooster a few days ago, and she now has swelling where she was attacked?

How does the swelling feel, hard, firm, or like liquid? It's possible and sounds most likely that bacteria got under her skin during the attack and she has an abscess. If it feels soft, or like liquid I may try lancing the area, being careful to avoid her eyes, and ear, and squeeze any puss or liquid out, then pack it with an antibacterial ointment like Neosporin, or an antibacterial cream like Silver sulfadiazine cream.

If it continues to re-swell, it may be best to take her to a vet so samples of the abscess can be taken, then put through a C & S to identity the bacteria in the abscess, and determine their sensitivity to which antibiotic. Or you could try starting her on a broad-spectrum yourself.

Just to clarify, she was attacked by your rooster a few days ago, and she now has swelling where she was attacked?

How does the swelling feel, hard, firm, or like liquid? It's possible and sounds most likely that bacteria got under her skin during the attack and she has an abscess. If it feels soft, or like liquid I may try lancing the area, being careful to avoid her eyes, and ear, and squeeze any puss or liquid out, then pack it with an antibacterial ointment like Neosporin, or an antibacterial cream like Silver sulfadiazine cream.

If it continues to re-swell, it may be best to take her to a vet so samples of the abscess can be taken, then put through a C & S to identity the bacteria in the abscess, and determine their sensitivity to which antibiotic. Or you could try starting her on a broad-spectrum yourself.
she was attacked last night. the cut was right below her ear but the lump is getting smaller i just re cleaned it and put some neosporin. the lump is firm/soft not liquid.

she was attacked last night. the cut was right below her ear but the lump is getting smaller i just re cleaned it and put some neosporin. the lump is firm/soft not liquid.

If the lump is getting smaller, I may just leave it, but if it doesn't shrink, you may need to lance it and squeeze the puss out, if you can.

Back
Top Bottom