Wow a big egg from my Chicken

claireree

Chirping
9 Years
Jul 9, 2010
eggs1.jpg

eggs.jpg

One of my chickens keeps laying rather big eggs, think I need to inspect which one it is and give her extra goodies. Or tell her to give my duck some tips so she can start laying too.

Nice one! Weigh it, measure it, and count the yolks! Inquiring minds want to know!

FYI- the largest egg on record was 9 inches around. The heaviest egg on record was 1 lb. The most yolks on record is 5.

I've always wondered why some chickens lay double and triple yolked eggs sometimes. We had a chicken a couple of years ago that would only lay every other day but it was always a double yolked egg. Is it a bad thing?

And this has nothing to do with chickens, but how do you get the pictures in your post? I couldn't figure it out.
sad.png

I will weigh and measure the egg later and let you know. As for posting the picture on here then I upload it onto my photobucket account and then I copy the image code and paste it onto here.

Luke13:34 :

Nice one! Weigh it, measure it, and count the yolks! Inquiring minds want to know!

FYI- the largest egg on record was 9 inches around. The heaviest egg on record was 1 lb. The most yolks on record is 5.

BYC record or overall record? There should be a BYC record holders page!​

well I wont be winning any records it weighed 83g and the one I compared it with was 62g cant find my tape measure to measure it. Not cracked it either will do that tom but the last big one she layed was a single yolk but a big one.

Quote:
BYC record or overall record? There should be a BYC record holders page!

World Records. I agree.. we should have BYC records for these things.

To upload pix, across the blue bar that reads Index User List Rules Search My Page Profile Recent Posts Uploads GFM Sponsors Messages Logout
Click on "Uploads"

Follow instructions to upload.. BE SURE TO RESIZE for website pages. Copy and past the

Back
Top Bottom