WOW!!! day 17 and 1 hatched?!?!?

DutchChicky

Songster
11 Years
Jul 4, 2008
S.Jersey
It's only day 17 and one chick has hatched. What the heck?!?!?
Was just lucky that I had just moved the eggs this morning to the hatcher and of the turner, because the bator I had them in had a leaky egg in that one. Had eggs shipped on Wednesday that came half of them broken. The one with the least breakage, tried to put candelwax on hoping for the best. Started leaking and smelling up the place, so put them in the hatcher for a little bit to clean the Bator. When I wanted to put them back (tomorrow was day18) in the bator heard peeeping and saw a big hole in one of them!!!
Scared the poop out of me!
lol.png

Now 2hours later I have a chick!!
Thes eggs are really for a friend of mine , she bought them of Ebay.
Put them in on March 12th got them in the morning and set them in the evening, had no temp spikes, have a temp. that tells you high and low, and no crazy stuff has happend. Went from low 99, to high 102, but mostly was 99.5-100 the whole tim. Humidity pretty low about 30-40
Gosh has this ever happend to anybody else??
Was going to candle tonight , but now I don't dare to open the Hatcher anymore
sad.png
hmm.png

Left all the other ones in there too , who knows what they are going to do

ooops
i have to admit, that i made a doofus!!!
i had a staggert hatch in there and one must have gotten mixed up with the later hatch. I had written on both sides, date was on the bottom.
This one really was one or two days late. Te others all hatched Friday and a few more yesteday. So no miracle just yet, just a mistake on my part. Iwas just lucky I had taken it of the turner!!!

awh well it's still cute!! congrats on the cutie!!!
big_smile.png

I had some bantams hatch 3 days before their due date I was suprised but then again I think i read some bantams will hatch earlier so not too suprised
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom