Wow!!!!! First Egg!!!!! I Was There For It All!!!! *pics*

Thanks everyone!!!! I still can't believe it! I can't get over "Martha!" She is ALWAYS really nosy! It always has to be about her! I should have called her "Mrs. Olson," because she acts just like her(from little house on the prairie) Do you think I should change her name? I do! She must be next, or something. I never expected that!

Thanks again everybody. If it wasn't for this site, I wouldn't have known what to look for. I have read LOTS of books on raising chickens, but the BEST information I have received is from you all!

Last edited:
Quote:
WOW You live in Hayward, CA and I live in Hayward, Wi! Just thought that was cool... bet its A LOT warmer there!

Thanks for the pictures and grats
smile.png
I've seen that "take a friend" thing going on with my girls too. Especially my two EE's who have been best buddies from day one. Another of my chickens seems to stand in the pop door and "sing" along with whoever is in the nesting box. Very communal of them.

thumbsup.gif
WOW! Congrats! What a great opportunity to actually be there and photograph the whole thing- thanks for the pix- we love them!
With my first egg- I had been waiting and waiting and waiting and checking the nest boxes several times a day and when there was finally an egg in there- I almost fainted- LOL!
big_smile.png
My husband thought I hurt myself cause I started squealing with excitment - look look look- ha. I wanted to bronze it like you do with baby shoes:)
Congrats again- beautiful egg!
celebrate.gif

I got two more eggs today. firsts for each girl. I just squeel with delight.
I am so glad I am not the only nut out there.
Congratulations!
Amd Martha is a fine name. You can have her last name be Washington.

Back
Top Bottom