Wow!!!!! First Egg!!!!! I Was There For It All!!!! *pics*

mags2009

Songster
13 Years
Aug 8, 2009
Wisconsin
What an EGGciting experience!!! I was putting clothes away, and looked out the window and noticed one of my white rocks, "Millie," going in and out of the coop. They had been squatting for about 4-5 days, so I knew we were getting somewhat close. I went out there and sat with them in the garden for awhile, and she continued going in and out, making funny noises. At one point, she was in there for a long time, and real quiet, so I went in there and she was making a nest on the coop floor! So I immediately put her in a nest box and this is what happened:
38676_chicken_pics_021.jpg

She was really moving the wood chips around, and trying to make the nest perfect.
38676_chicken_pics_025.jpg

Then the weird thing was, while Millie was preparing for her egg, "Martha" was REALLY concerned, and kept looking up at her and making the same noises! At one point, as you can see in the pics, she got up into her own nest box and started to make a nest!
38676_chicken_pics_030.jpg

38676_chicken_pics_040.jpg

Then Martha left and Millie started to make A LOT of noise!
38676_chicken_pics_044.jpg

Then she laid down and was really quiet. She sat there for about 10 minutes or so.
38676_chicken_pics_039.jpg

Then she stood up, and this is what I saw:
38676_chicken_pics_051.jpg

Here it is!!!!!
38676_chicken_pics_052.jpg

38676_chicken_pics_055.jpg

It was one of the most exciting things I have seen! I can't believe after ALL of this waiting, I was actually home to see it, and even got pics of it all!!!!

Back
Top Bottom