Wow, just walked into a bear!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by morelcabin, Aug 25, 2008.

1. morelcabin

morelcabin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2007
    Ontario Canada
    I went to the main road for a walk to get my mail...and on the way back just as I was reaching our driveway (there are no other houses around for a ways) I saw a bear standing in the middle of the raod looking right at me. I wasn't sure what to do at first, but I knew I wasn't truning my back on it so I figured I had to just keep walking and hope for the best. It wasn't going to move...so I stopped for a minute and said "Hey buddy, you gotta get off my road so I can get home"...and it did! I walked straight home...nervous, but I kept walking. That was an exciting walk!

2. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Wow.

It always pays to be polite, I guess...

3. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Alittle faster pace huh?..... Oh my!!! [​IMG]

We went blackberry picking 2 weeks ago... I kept looking over my shoulders for bear!!... saw lots of sign!! [​IMG]

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    i know you arent supposed to run..but..[​IMG]..i would of been hard pressed not to..Wendy

5. TT

TT Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2008
    Florida
    [​IMG] Scarry but cool at the same time.

6. Missouri chick

Missouri chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Homer, GA
    OMG!! I would have been scared to death. You are very brave. What a wonderful sight to tell about though.

7. morelcabin

morelcabin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2007
    Ontario Canada
    I was scared! But I was even more scared to turn my back to it and run, knowing that if I ran it would probably chase me, so I faced it head on...I know God was with me! He had to be...I can't believe it just left off the road when I told it to!

8. menageriemama

menageriemama Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2008
    Lake Nebagamon, WI
    We have at least one bear living on our property. It can be a bit spooky, but once you educate yourself about them, you realize it is totally possible to cohabitate with them. Kudos on keeping your cool!!!

9. dixiechick

dixiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

The comment that comes to mind is one from Bill Cosby, "First you say it...then you do it!" This would have been me...if you know what I mean!! [​IMG]

God was definately walking with you to the mailbox and back!!

10. ginasmarans

ginasmarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    Whew! I bet your knees were shaking. I know mine would be.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by