Wow...lost our dog today...

sred98

Songster
12 Years
Jan 18, 2008
Oklahoma
Our English Bulldog, Rosie, dropped dead in our kitchen today. We are still in shock. She was around 11 years old, so we knew it could happen at any time, but still, we thought there would be a gradual decline, or something.
sad.png
She came into the kitchen and layed on the floor in her usual spot while I was getting ready to make dinner. The neighbor came to the door and I talked to her for a minute, then went to the bathroom. DS called me and said he thought Rosie was dead. Well, she was a typical 11 yr old bulldog, lazy and hard of hearing. I said, "No she's not, she's fine." He said, "Mom, she really is! I said 'Cookie' and she didn't move!" So, I run up there, and see her laying in the same spot, but with a little bit of urine on the floor. I shake her and she is gone. He is crying, and we get his brother. By this time, all 3 of us are crying, the boston terrier is running back and forth, pacing, and the siamese cat runs in and starts screaming. It is total chaos.

Some of you might remember that earlier in the week our 11 yr old cat died. These two were best buds. We called them the little old ladies. They did everything together. They shared a bed, they "went gardening" which was sitting in the sun watching me work in the garden, they ate together, they bathed together. The boys are convinced she died of a broken heart because Mimi died. I do think it is strange that they died within a week of each other. Now we are all in shock because it was so unexpected.

I just needed to get this off my chest and tell some people that understand. She was a full-time job, with her weight control and allergies and weird quirks, but we loved her. And we know that at least for a little while, she had a family that she loved, too.

Thanks for reading,

Shelly

so sorry for your familys loss! their together again
i do understand i lost my 15 year old dalmation alittle over a year ago .

If there's a "bright" side: That's about as good a way of going as anything gets, us included. And 11 is a ripe age for a bulldog, especially since she seems to have had some problems.

I am so sorry, I understand 3yrs ago I had to have my beloved shepherd/mix put down, he was 10 and he had cancer. It was the one of the hardest things I've ever done. We still miss him. His name was Buck.

Now I have my Lhasa he's 13 he's blind in one eye ,he can no longer hear and he has arthritis but he still acts like a puppy when the grandchildren are here.And I just pray that he will go in his sleep so I don't have to go through putting him down ,I know that's selfish and I know that I will do it if I have to. But I pray that I don't have to.

You Bulldog went peacefully and was at home with the family that loved him.Take some comfort in that.

So so sorry for you loss. I find it amazing that she lost her buddy so close to her own passing. That has to bring you some peace that maybe they are cuddling again.

Hugs...

Back
Top Bottom