Wow really bad batch

LocoPollo

Songster
Aug 13, 2008
Ellijay, GA
Just candled my eggs after three days in the incubator - all 16 of them. Guess how many had veining? UMmm ONE!
The others were all scrambled! So needless to say, I am not gonna just do one. The whole batch is trash. Bummer. paid good money for those too. Oh well. there will me more. I guess New Mexico to Georgia is just too far for eggs to travel.

Are you 100% sure ????? I would of waited till day 7 or 8 in till they went into the trash, its very hard to tell after 3 days !!!!!

Yea I was pretty sure. I have a good LED flashlight, and i get the room pitch black. I can see the veining pretty clearly. Plus when I opened the other eggs, they were all totally scrambled like that fake egg stuff in a carton. I was shocked.

Quote:
If they were scambled then I guess they were bad !!!!! Thats crapy !!!! Guess they had a HARD trip !!! What did you do with the 1 egg ????

I just tossd the one egg too. Just felt it wasnt worth it hatching just one. So I guess I will just wait till more come available that are closer.

AWWWW dont just get rid of it thast so mean
sad.png
poor egg... PLUS it takes 14 days for some to show any thing trust me on that. My first clutch i incubated well a few eggs i thought were bad found out they were good on day 14.

UPdate:

oh i see you did get rid of them all. wow... i still think you should of kepted the one egg cause thats a life you just tossed out a real life.

Last edited:
At 3 days it is too early to see veins in most eggs. I use a surefire to candle and many times I can't see anything that early. I am a very experienced hatcher and even at 7 days you can't alays see veins. You should not toss eggs before 14 days.

How do you know they were scrambled? What did you see?

Back
Top Bottom