WOW. Surprise Buff Orpington/Easter Egger cross chicks!! **PICS** :D

Thank You .It was the first time that I have ever hatched baby chicks,I might do another hatch early spring.It was a real learning experience for me and my 2 boyz.

Just hatched some of this cross too!

Here's Papa Roo... and Mama Hen exiting stage left.

Where are all the photos of this cross feathered out and grown up!?

Last edited:

Just hatched some of this cross too!

Here's Papa Roo... and Mama Hen exiting stage left.

Where are all the photos of this cross feathered out and grown up!?
Not fully grown yet but you can get an idea of how they'll turn out. The two buff colored ones in the first photo and the lil guy on my shoulder in the second one are the EE x BO chicks.
Two turned out muffless, all three have straight combs. The two cockerels have tail feathers coming in that are black laced with buff, and some black feathers mixed into the wings. The pullet has some soft black freckling on a few of her mostly buff feathers, hard to see unless you're looking closely.

Or as I call them, buff beardies.
wink.png

Fluff, a 1-year-old buff orpington has been trying to hatch chicks all year....
well, third time's the charm! I thought they would be rotten as usual, as wasn't expecting this! This time, she hatched ALL her eggs except one! Seven amazing looking little chicks. She leaf a clutch of 'adopted' chicks after a couple of weeks or so, and she sort of has her blond moments....no offense to all you blonds out there!
wink.png
I think sitting on her second failed clutch in the greenhouse fried her brains a little.
lol.png
Looks like her persistence has paid off though! Can't wait to see what they look like fully feathered!
big_smile.png
They already have some buff wing feathers, so I know they will all be at least partly, if not mostly buff.

All of them are yellow or yellow/tan-ish, and all but two have 'beards' and 'sideburns' (or muffs...whatever you want to call them. I'm not picky with names like that and call my EEs Auracanas. Oooh, what a sin!
roll.png
lol.png
). Anyways, they look so cool I thought I'd share some pictures with the public!

IMG_6730.jpg

They're in a cage for now but will be free soon....

IMG_6728.jpg

Only one that's TOTALLY yellow/tan with no brown stripes on it's back.

IMG_6729.jpg

IMG_6753.jpg

With sideburns/beard.

IMG_6755.jpg

And without.

IMG_6802.jpg

Feedin em.
i know im late but can you please show me a grown up picture of them i really wan to know how they look like.

Back
Top Bottom