WOW! We were just hit by lightning!

Yes, please get checked out properly by a doctor. They may want to run heart tests on you to make sure that you didn't sustain permanent damage. How scary!

Public service note: lightning can travel along telephone wires, so in addition to having your computer(s) and major appliances plugged into surge protectors, also get them for your phones and equipment that has phone lines plugged into it, like modems and faxes.

Damage in the light of day is..... the fan in the coop is dead........the house A/C
hit.gif
its only going to be 93 today! good news ....freezers are fine... all animals fine...... all people fine physicaly......mentally just very tired.

Last edited:
Whew! I've been thru that, slept on a water bed, and cat woke me up. The house suffered smoke damage and we had to move out because LL won't fix it up, rather have the insurance money instead.

Glad you are all right but do get yourselves checked out. Particuarly you being on the phone......

Thank goodness you're alright! Do get yourself checked out though. There can sometimes be residual effects.

When we first moved into the house I'm living in now, there was a large hole in the floor in the bathroom, only about a foot away from the toilet. The renters said that it was caused by lightning. My first thought, at 11 years old, was "Gee, hope no one was sitting there when it hit."

Several years later, while I was away in California, lightning hit the house again. Shot the telephone cord right out of the jack, fried our modems and routers, and killed two computers. My family's gotten really protective of their electronics since.

ep.gif
Thank God you're all ok! I've never had a direct or indirect hit thankfully. I'm pretty notorious for sitting in my screen room watching storms. I think I'll re-think that after reading this post.

Before the storms, we put up the horses and i was fussing at my son for not getting a move on because we could hear the thunder. He said we were just as safe outside as in. (Apply slap in the back of his head!) Move it boy! When everything was quiet again I asked him he would have wanted to do that outside, he said, "NO mam! I didn't like it in the house!"
lol.png

Last edited:
My mom was on the phone when our house got hit once. It blew her over like it did you and put a black scorch up the inside and outside of the house where the phone line ran. Killed the electricity and all electrical things (lights, sockets, freezer) in that side of the house, too. Very glad you are both OK.

You may want to check the plumbing/metal pipes under the house, too. Our house, which now has lightning rods all over it, was hit by lightning before we bought it. It blew tiny pinholes in all of the copper pipes under the house. They sealed/welded them shut, and after we have lived here 14 years, every once in awhile, we are still having these pinholes pop back open, only now we replace the entire section of pipe. Even a tiny leak can leak a large amount of water in a month's time. Just a thought.

So glad you are all ok. What a terrifying experience. ...and the chickens, too funny...what did they think? They dropped out of the sky?

tongue.png

deb g

Back
Top Bottom