WOW! Who said golden phoenix are not good layers

I have a female that looks exactly like yours. Mine is late in starting to lay but my main question is about there shanks. My Hen seems to have male spurs they are not the normal little scales most females have there. She is about 6 months old guessing but the spurs are between an 1/8 and 1/4 inch now. does anybody else here have a hen growing spurs

I have a beautiful pair of Golden Phoenix - got 6 eggs off of e-bay and only two
made it to maturity - luckily, it was a male and female that made it !!

now, at 6 months, there are three eggs in the nest !!!
and Proud Pappa really STRUTS HIS STUFF when the egg is laid !!
I am really torn about her first clutch of eggs - as to incubate or let
the momma hatch out her first clutch naturally.

This is a SHOW QUALITY pair of Phoenix and I would really love to have
a new brood of Goldens.

now - - - -

Question #1 how many eggs could i realistically expect from her first cycle ?
or, will she lay eggs all year long like some other breeds will.

Question #2 how many eggs will she lay before she starts to sit ?
the first egg was laid on 3/16 and second egg on 3/18.
and a third today, 3/21.

So it looks like she will lay an egg every other day.

Thanks in advance !!

Last edited:
I am truly amazed.
ep.gif
I have read and been led to believe that golden phoenix will only lay maybe 1 or two eggs per week. Well, to my surprise, one of my golden phoenix has laid 10 eggs in the last 11 days.
thumbsup.gif

To top it off she was only born on July 1 (not even 5 months old). No, I am not getting her mixed up with another bird. Yes, it is her that is laying.
Granted, they are only small eggs (she is up to 34g now), but so what. That is more than I expected from her.
wee.gif
wee.gif

Thank you for sharing this! I have been struggling on whether to get Phoenix chicks, and if so, what type. I really fell in love with the idea of having the golds, and now that I know they can produce eggs better than previously thought- my mind is made up! I'm hoping to have them by the end of June- yay, I'm so excited!
yesss.gif

Back
Top Bottom