Wow!!! You're chickens really adore you!!!! Yeah,,, sure they do...

LOL I went out yesterday with a piece of fat for the dog. She made the mistake of looking at it before eating it. Sure enough a little Barred Rock chick flew up and stole it from her. Then to my further surprise Dharma did nothing about it. I did make the chick give it back though because i'm not sure thats good for them. Today the chick started eyeing my toes. I'M NOT FOOD I SWEAR!
roll.png

Well Pudster got it again tonight, it was my fault too. I took some macaroni noodles out for the chickees after dinner and some roast beef for the Puddy man. The chickens were really enjoying the pasta until they noticed he had something different. The didn't attack him, they just stormed him and took his beef away. I'm envisioning Puddy packing his little suitcase and hitting the road to a non-chicken home.

I've got a little blister on the bottom of my feet - still breaking in those darn summer sandals. This weekend I had my feet up & the chicks were going nuts pecking at that darn blister. Tickled like crazy, which made me jump, which made them jump. Quite the game.

And regarding real food - I've created little monsters by feeding my chicks little nibbles of my food. Now I've got a pack of pig-chickens that can jump up & grab my food. At least a dog generally won't jump onto the table during dinner!

My dad thinks it's cute to see my chickens follow me to the gate in the morning during school when I'm leaving for work. They park their motorhome on the other side of my driveway on about a quarter of an acre. Now they are talking about making a little fenced area for a couple of chickens to keep over there when they parked here. I caught him tossing pop corn to them over the fence earlier today. He gets the warm fuzzies when they run up to the fence when they see him,, I just don't want to tell him they think he's an automatic popcorn machine. He's an ol' farmboy from Stephenville though, he knows this... just time changes perceptions and he looks at them differently now.

I know what you mean about the blister thing, I've had them do that but not at a blister, at my toe ring. I look darn silly hopping across the yard going to work in open-toes shoes with chickens chasing my toe ring.

I had 15 Black and Blue Orpington juvies that are like little mini army tanks...just picture them you feeding them and they would barrel right into you to get the FIRST slice of bread in your hand. Mind you, they can knock you over if you are not careful!
lol.png

Caught my dad teasing the chicks last night (sigh)... he would walk up the fence holding something and they would rush over and he would walk away! I guess he felt guilty, he went in and got them some broccoli and some watermelon.

I feel like the Pied Piper when I go outside to watch the chickers range. They follow me around the garden and the yard to see what I'm into. I deadhaed the roses, they check for food. I pick the tomatoes, they wait for the ones with worms. Used to be I had to tap a white buckets and holler "Chick chick chickers!" when I wanted their attention. Not any more!

But isn't is FUN to watch those chickens run at you like a Jurassic Park dinosaur?

We busted my husband last night...he was out by the coop talking the my girls in their yard. It was really cute because of course he "hates" the chickens. Except he saves them fortune cookies, asks if they can have the heel of bread, etc.

If you have chickens, I'm sure they probably love you very, very much.
hugs.gif

Quote:
that is it.. that is excactly how to explain it.. it is sooo funny to watch my cochins run.. with their bloomers on.. oh I just want to see them run around.. it does look like those dinos on Jurassic Park LOL
lau.gif
gig.gif

Quote:
that is it.. that is excactly how to explain it.. it is sooo funny to watch my cochins run.. with their bloomers on.. oh I just want to see them run around.. it does look like those dinos on Jurassic Park LOL
lau.gif
gig.gif

Since getting chickens DH and I have become convinced of the dino-bird link in evolution. Our hens definintely have velociraptor in their ancestry!

Back
Top Bottom