Wowzers

SheeReno

Songster
10 Years
Jul 31, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
So I've posted a couple times about our 4 Silkies...12 weeks old now, still rather timid of us, which hurts. Funny how bold they get when worms are invovled!
lol.png

One place they HAVE delivered though, is entertainment. The flock is one BO pullet 15 weeks, those 4 rascals, and a Silkie, EE and Polish at 8 weeks. The Silkie who crowed last week* tried to mate the BO just now I know it! He latched onto her neck and was chasing her as she screamed and bawked away. His grip slipped to her tail and she finally spun on him and BOOM~! Access Denied! Poor fella, she's so much bigger.

We won't be able to keep any roos long term, but watching this growing behavior is extremely exciting and rewarding, even if not all of our chickens are super friendly. Some are, which helps loads of course!

* - Unless I've been missing them, there hasn't been much if any other crowing going on all week. Any thoughts?

BOOM~! Access Denied!

lau.gif

Unless I've been missing them, there hasn't been much if any other crowing going on all week. Any thoughts?

my thought, be greatful! (maybe his pride was hurt)​

Back
Top Bottom