Wrapping duck feet

Weeg

Enabler
Jul 1, 2020
Small town in Western Washington
My Coop
My Coop
Who do I wrap my ducks feet without them getting filled with water in there pond? I aha tried several ways, but every time, the wrap either breaks, or gets full of water. I haven't treated for bumble foot in awhile because of this, I am concerned about ti getting worse, and am gonna check there feet soon. If it has gotten worse, then who shovel I wrap there feet? Any suggestions welcome! Thanks so much! Avery

It can be challenging dealing with ducks' bandages, and keeping them from getting wet. A Hydroseal bandage can be placed directly over the core to prevent water penetration to the skin, but that doesn't resolve the bandage getting wet, and falling off.

If it's not too much of a hassle, it may be best to just block the water source until the scab heals pretty well. Wet feather is always a concern with birds not in access with water, but I assure you, if you provide them with a deep water bucket, and use a sprinkler, or mister to mist them every few days, you shouldn't have many problems with that concern.

It can be challenging dealing with ducks' bandages, and keeping them from getting wet. A Hydroseal bandage can be placed directly over the core to prevent water penetration to the skin, but that doesn't resolve the bandage getting wet, and falling off.

If it's not too much of a hassle, it may be best to just block the water source until the scab heals pretty well. Wet feather is always a concern with birds not in access with water, but I assure you, if you provide them with a deep water bucket, and use a sprinkler, or mister to mist them every few days, you shouldn't have many problems with that concern.
Thank you! I have been struggling with this so bad! I will do this! Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom