𝓓𝓾𝓬𝓴𝔀𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓟𝓱𝓸𝓽𝓸𝓰𝓻𝓪𝓹𝓱𝔂
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
6 Years
Nov 6, 2017
Maine
My Coop
My Coop
Earlier this year my dear hen Lucy went broody and hatched out three chicks: Two roos and a pullet. They are all pure-bred Silver Duckwing Old English Game Bantams. The thing is that one of the roos (Lindberg) is the wrong color. He was the last to hatch and was the lightest in color. When his chest feathers started coming in the first thing I noticed was that they were white, not black. Now he is feathered out and has a lot of white on his chest and other places that it shouldn't be.
He also has blue eyes. His brother and sister, who has nothing wrong with their colors, eyes are already changing their color. Now his mother never did get eyes as orange as my other bantams, but she is the right color. So... What is wrong with Lindberg?

IMG_2295.JPG

IMG_2002.JPG

IMG_2349.JPG

He looks like mottled silver duckwing.
So I guess each parent was heterozygous for mottled
As his father had gotten older, he has started to get a white patch between his legs and is starting to get a little bit of white on his chest. He is 5.5 years old now, so I thought it is because he is old. Is this a sign of mottled? When he was younger, though, he had an all black chest. Lindberg's mother seems to be all the right colors along with his grandmother.

Back
Top Bottom