Wry Neck - Confused about treatment

Pics
I have a Silkie that has wry neck this is what I was told to do

Sad to say my Silkie died this morning from this illness[/quote

I am so very sorry :(
I'm going into my 12th week with my silkie- she has come a long way since becoming ill.
Lori has been extremely helpful throughout my journey with my girl Licorice.
I have also had the advice & treatment plan made especially for licorice from- Alan Stanford.. I have a friend Lynette in California whom has been emailing Alan with updates.. He has suggested for me to continue with Prednisone for another week and to add the yogurt with the natural probiotics to her food. He has also suggested I feed her " Kaytee bird formula" to help with the burps and weight gain.. I have this food coming... So will continue with small amounts of liquid diet til it arrives..
I will continue to update you all on Licorice's progress...

tried to read this but was unable, not sure what treatment was suggested.  I have dealt with several Silkies who had wry neck and usually my outcome is full recovery..
Lori if you tap on the pic it should enlarge enough for you to read- it stated a prednisone treatment plan for 15 days. :)
I have a personal treatment plan given to me from Alan Stanford.. So ill follow and see how we go :)

Yes
I have been on prednisone off and on over the last 3 years. It is very important that you wean them off. It also makes you very hungry and relaxes the bowel. My prayers are with licorice .[/quote

Thank you for the advise regarding the prednisone. Yes I know I need to wean her off and will do after 1 more week.. Thank you for caring about Licorice to advise me- my girl is a fighter & has never given up fighting. She actually has come a very long way since she first became ill.. I have such a strong bond with her after nursing her for so long. She actually gets excited when she sees me now LOL and clucks away.. She is such a sweetheart & I do have faith we will win this fight. It's winter here at the moment so my dream is to nurse her until she is well & I'm hoping by spring she can rejoin her flock :)
That gives her about 8 more weeks to beat this...

Back
Top Bottom