Wry Neck in 2 day old chick

nurseshelly

Songster
8 Years
Feb 24, 2011
Gilbert AZ
Hi,
I have a new Serama chick with wry neck. I'm gong to get vitamins this morning. I was wondering if there is anything else that would be good to try. I also was wondering which is better; polyvisol without iron, or chick vitamins (like save a chick)?
Thanks!!!
Here are some pictures. The little one can almost straighten his/her head for a few seconds (once got it totally straight but I couldn't get a picture of it), but then it goes back twisty. He/she will try to straighten his/her head sometimes when standing, and it makes him/her flip over onto his/her back.

I had one sort of like this a couple of years ago. I separated it from the others and took it in the house. We took special care of it of about for about 6 weeks but it never feathered or grew. It did not eat much. It's neck got worse. After about 6 weeks we finally decided to put it down. Hopefully your perks up. I debated about posting this reply but thought I would so that you would be aware that it may or may not get better.

Thanks to everyone for the replies :)
The chick is all better, and she/he is out with the rest of the babies and a broody mama Serama :)

Back
Top Bottom