Wry Neck - Need advice Vit E not fixing it

Look at all my posts on wry neck. Took 9 days before improvements. Then head mostly upright able to eat.
Vit E gel caps side of mouth 2x day (I think 2x day)with egg yolk (contains selenium) dribbled on beak.
total 3-4 weeks
Put out with flock. Can’t tell which one now
(Vitamin B2 riboflavin later might help though I didn’t use it fo my wry neck hen. one dropper dribbled on beak plus 250 mg crushed Vitamin C might help later because a b2 deficiency is responsible for curly toe paralysis—also a nerve thing)

Check out my posts on wry neck.

My 4mo Satin rooster was acting weird a couple of weeks ago like walking in circles and isolating from the rest if the flock (3 hens and 4 roosters). We trimmed the feathers over his eyes and that helped alot but he still walked in circles occasionally. On weds, after I rehomed 3 of the other roosters, he started showing signs of wry neck. I live in the boonies so I got a bottle of vit e gel caps at the closest store and gave him 400iu twice a day. On Sunday he was way worse. His neck was completely under his body and he was flailing around. I brought him inside. I drove an hour to TC and got Vit E paste w/selenium and red cell. I gave him a pea size amount of vit e 3x a day. We made a paste using his normal feed, scrambled egg, cranberry juice (at the advice of his breeder) and 4 drops of red cell. This made a days worth of food. We had to carefully hold the cup to feed him. My Monday Am he was eating on his own. By Monday night he was 75% better, holding his head up on his own and eating off the ground like a normal chicken.

Unfortunately by Tuesday morning he was worse. Not as bad as Sunday but unable to keep his head up anymore. He can stand and walk a little, and can peck at the ground and eat on his own but the wry neck is very obvious.

He was still the same today, Wednesday. My research said that a B1 deficiency could also help but I didn't find a dosage. On BYC I saw a post about prednisone.

Does any have advice? What kind of b vitamin do you recommend? Dosage? Would prednisone help? Dosage? I am lucky because I actually have prednisone prescribed to me for allergic reactions.

I was going to drive into town to get the vitamins tomorrow.
Read my posts on wry neck

I just disolved a multi B vitamin in a cup of water and let them drink it as they wish. Give sunflower kernals, and scrambled eggs. Keep up the vit e oil. And I also gave mine multivet vitamin drops in the water too. Goodluck, I hope he bounces back with a full recovery 🤞🙏🐓

Back
Top Bottom