WRY NECK ? ** UPDATE** She did not make it. pg 2

the wry neck is specifically a lack of sellenium and vit. E the starter feed and yogurt will not help (well maybe the yogurt if it has thoise 2 vitammins in it.

Trust me get those 2 vitamins asap and start treatment regular feed is fine I would not bother with medicated. It will take time for the body to absorb and heal with the vitamins. Just as it took her a few days to really get full wry neck. If you start treatmet today by Sat or Sun you should see a big change. I would do treatment for 2 weeks.

polyvisol is good too and I put that in water as well but I found that this treatment is most recomended and works the best.

Last edited:
ok so i found today the vit e and the selenium and vit b12, i got the vitem b12 just to have on hand.
when i give the selenium in her food and water, is it just one pill crushed daily, and i have her with a buddy is it ok for the other to have this too?

The vitamins will be just fine for all chickens. I think the feed is really vitamin deprived or we would not be having sick chicks. Sorry, I did forget about the Selemium, some vitamin E has it already but I did have to buy it separate. Good luck and keep up on the post with the progress.

hugs.gif

I did all four things, and that's when she did get better. That's all I did, so it's up to you. I did put the Poly Vi-Sol in her water though, but you can put it in her food. Just give enough that you are sure she eats every bite. I started out just giving her 1/4 of a cup and made sure she finished it all before I gave her any more. Good luck.

fl.gif

hit.gif
she did not make it. i am so upset, did i catch it too late?
i noticed last night that her neck looked a bit worse. but i gave her , her vitamines.

This morning i found her, it looks like her crown and face were turning bluish, do you guys think that her neck turned to much that either she could not breath or choked on food?

Back
Top Bottom