Wry neck?

lightchick

Crowing
6 Years
Apr 3, 2014
Minnesota
This baby hatched only six hours ago on day 19 and has had trouble since. How can I help other then what I'm doing?
I think it has wry neck or it was in the egg too long because it curls it's head underneath itself. I started trying to get it to drink some vitamins but only could get a little in.
It can't even walk.
Here's a pic.

Last edited:
Hi,

I swear by adding Poly-vi-sol to the water, or directly by dropper if you can. It took several weeks but now you would never know there was an issue with mine.

Good luck!

I had the same problem .
I had a chick named peguin that had wry neck.

I gave him poly-vi-sol once or twice a day for a week or two and it gradually it ironed itself out and now I cant tell he ever had it.

Thank you both for all your advice!
She ended up getting better late evening on the second day! She's now a week old and has no problem whatsoever.
I gave her a natural liquid vitamin and that seemed to work really well. The end of day one she had better balance and could lift her head up, but in the morning she had gone downhill again.
Just kept up the vitamins and food/water(feeding with a spoon, by dippng her beak in the liquid).
Hope this helps other people that might be going through the same thing.

Thanks for the update, it's nice to have such a good picture of something that really looks like it's going to die and know that it made it and how :)

Back
Top Bottom