Wry Neck???

Yes, Marek's can advance that quickly. It can even cause sudden death or a bird can linger for months or even suddenly and miraculously recover from a seriously debilitating outbreak like this, in a matter of a couple of days. There are no hard and fast rules with the disease, just a huge variation in terms or time and severity as well as type of symptoms. As long as they are still eating and drinking there is hope. Keeping them as happy and stress free as possible is important.

Okay, thanks guys for all the help. I'm headed to work tonight, so I'm leaving the chick with my mom and little sister. I'm not ready to try tube feeding as she is willing to take a little bit here and there.

We did everything we could. She was eating better today, and a bit more active, but she wasn't able to pull through. We just lost her. Thank you all for everything, and every bit of advice you offered.

So sorry you lost her. Most of us know the heart ache of losing a bird that we have cared for. :hugs
It is a good idea to get a necropsy done if you can afford it, so that you know what you are dealing with and can learn to manage it. Some state labs are heavily subsidised because chickens are considered part of the food chain and necropsies are pretty inexpensive or even free in some states whilst others can be more costly, so I can understand it is not always financially viable, but worth checking to see the price in your area.

Back
Top Bottom