Wry neck

chickmumsy

Hatching
Aug 1, 2020
My 8 week old Silkie has wry neck. I've been giving her vitamin e and selenium for 4 days. she has now developed diarrhoea. Help, I am new to chicken keeping, what should I do?

My 8 week old Silkie has wry neck. I've been giving her vitamin e and selenium for 4 days. she has now developed diarrhoea. Help, I am new to chicken keeping, what should I do?
I have a 5 week old that may have the same thing. Where did you find the vitamin E and selenium? And is it working ?? I’ve called so many vets to try and get help. Hope your girl is better. Anything you can share I’d appreciate.

I got the Vitamin E and selenium in my local chemist shop. I've been giving it to her for 6 days now and no improvement yet. I keep hoping she will improve .

I've read that it can take a couple weeks to show improvement. When I treated my chick I also added the standard electrolyte, vitamin, mineral mix you can get for chicks at your feed and seed.

My chick is looking better, she is holding her head up a lot more and is eating well. I'm still giving her vitamin e and selenium plus rooster booster multivitamins. Fingers still crossed that she recovers

My chick is looking better, she is holding her head up a lot more and is eating well. I'm still giving her vitamin e and selenium plus rooster booster multivitamins. Fingers still crossed that she recovers
She will keep getting better and better! Glad you caught it early.

Back
Top Bottom