Wry Neck?

@ReneesRanch She needs water available so she can decide when and how much to drink.

Traveling with a chicken isn't such a difficult undertaking. The main thing is to cushion her as you would a breakable object so she doesn't stress out being knocked off her feet by the motion of the moving vehicle. I use several think towels on the floor of the carrier and around the sides.

If you stop every hour and let her eat and drink, she will be fine. Use disposable puppy pads for ease of cleanup. If you wet her feed, it will cut down on mess and she will get fluids that way.

If you drape a breathable cloth over the carrier so she doesn't stress out over seeing that she is in a strange place with the world in motion around her, she will be more comfortable and content.

@ReneesRanch She needs water available so she can decide when and how much to drink.

Traveling with a chicken isn't such a difficult undertaking. The main thing is to cushion her as you would a breakable object so she doesn't stress out being knocked off her feet by the motion of the moving vehicle. I use several think towels on the floor of the carrier and around the sides.

If you stop every hour and let her eat and drink, she will be fine. Use disposable puppy pads for ease of cleanup. If you wet her feed, it will cut down on mess and she will get fluids that way.

If you drape a breathable cloth over the carrier so she doesn't stress out over seeing that she is in a strange place with the world in motion around her, she will be more comfortable and content.
That’s good to know. It’s a two hour drive. She definitely has water at her disposal and I will make that available in the carrier once I get there. But I keep trying to give her a small syringe to grab drops. I don’t want to aspirate her. I am well verse in bittle feeding kittens so I am being very cautious. Mostly I am giving her hydrated foods. I do have puppy pass but I am totally ok wrecking a towel or two. Not a big deal to me to save a chook. ;) This came on so sudden it was pretty scary. I am keeping her bestie in the same area so visually they can see and hear each other or they both freak out. They are so bonded it’s adorable. I just hope she gets better soon. She wants to sleep or close her eyes a lot when I am trying to feed her, like she gets tired. But I go back in to check on her and sometimes she is standing again. I hope that is a good sign.

That’s good to know. It’s a two hour drive. She definitely has water at her disposal and I will make that available in the carrier once I get there. But I keep trying to give her a small syringe to grab drops. I don’t want to aspirate her. I am well verse in bittle feeding kittens so I am being very cautious. Mostly I am giving her hydrated foods. I do have puppy pass but I am totally ok wrecking a towel or two. Not a big deal to me to save a chook. ;) This came on so sudden it was pretty scary. I am keeping her bestie in the same area so visually they can see and hear each other or they both freak out. They are so bonded it’s adorable. I just hope she gets better soon. She wants to sleep or close her eyes a lot when I am trying to feed her, like she gets tired. But I go back in to check on her and sometimes she is standing again. I hope that is a good sign.
I just went out to feed her, she was standing head up for a couple minutes. I put spinavh and grapes down and she began eating them then go tired. That’s the first I have seen her do since noon. Look like improvement because this am she looked normal but by noon she was bending her head sideways and by 1 she was on the ground. So this is a huge improvement!

I just went out to feed her, she was standing head up for a couple minutes. I put spinavh and grapes down and she began eating them then go tired. That’s the first I have seen her do since noon. Look like improvement because this am she looked normal but by noon she was bending her head sideways and by 1 she was on the ground. So this is a huge improvement!
And she is amazing today! The members here are so awesome with all the advice for us newbies! ❤️ thank you!

And she is amazing today! The members here are so awesome with all the advice for us newbies! ❤️ thank you!

Agreed 1000%!! There have been so many folks on here who have helped me with so many things being new to chickens.

Another great update, my girl is perching at night by herself and her neck looks normal again, am so happy! I am continuing to treat her for the next week just to be safe with the vit E. She takes it so well now!

So she went backwards again and has been kinked for almost two weeks. I picked up selenium to add to giving E. I think I am going to get more grapes. She’s been getting spoiled with spinach, watermelon, fresh arugula tomorrow I am chopping up a pumpkin. She’s getting well hydrated fruits and veggies.

Back
Top Bottom