Wry neck?

If the oil is helping then I would continue with it.
So there is definitely a crop issue. The crop bra hasn't been on a full 24 hours and her spasms have significantly reduced. Now I can put a hand on her and she can settle herself most of the time.

Could there be a foreign/fibrous body stuck in her crop that won't go down that would cause her to present like wry neck? She's a fiend for food so eating a bit of wood or thick piece of straw would not shock me. Her crop was never overly full, but maybe it would get doughy because fluid would move down to the gizzard and not solids.

I've seen that you can do impaction surgery, but don't want to resort to that if there's a less invasive option. Some other forums on here mentioned using a diuretic to digest and help it pass?

Wonderful news!:)
I'm glad she's getting better!

Getting her outside near the others is a great idea this way you can gauge how re-integration might go. Sometime reintroduction may be stressful and possibly cause a relapse, so watch for Wry Neck symptoms returning. I would continue with the vitamins during her transition period.
You may be able to leave her with the flock in those temps. I'm sure you will keep an eye on her. She may struggle with the temp change, so if she does, you may need to move her to a slighter warmer area each night then let her with the flock during the day. Hard to tell what will happen until you try!

Please keep me posted about how it turns out.

I'm glad to hear she's doing well!
I would go slow with the weight gain. If she's eating her normal feed that's a good thing!
Extra protein from a little egg, meat or fish might give her a boost. Chick starter. Meal worms in moderation.
I've never looked into pumpkin see protein powder so can't say!:lol: You could probably alternate some of these things, but not all at once of course.

I'm sorry that she's not making much progress.

Does she have grit available?
Sounds like she's holding out for the good eats. If she's only eating mealworms and scratch, then she's lacking in nutrition. I would only make her normal feed available for several days, no treat at all and see if she will eat.

I'm not sure if they would starve or not, they are food driven. You can try it for a day or so and see if she eats her normal feed.
Sometimes when not well, they just don't want their normal feed, but if sprinkling a little something over it entices her, I would do that.

Back
Top Bottom