wtb- hatching eggs, cheap. (ME)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Ashleyy_x3, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Ashleyy_x3

Ashleyy_x3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    Maine
    alright soo. over the last month or so i've spent A LOT of money on eggs. all of which i have had horrible luck with. i really dont want to spend a ton more money but reallyy want to hatch some eggs.
    anyone willing to sell me some eggs relatively cheap? [​IMG] at this point. im not even going to be picky with what kind they are.. any kind for a low price... sorry, i hate sounding so cheap, but i hate how much money i have wasted on eggs that ive had bad luck with... [​IMG]

anyone help me out here? [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 5, 2009
  2. SloCrevs

SloCrevs Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2007
    Central Coast, CA
    You might have better luck finding what you're looking for if you change your title, and you'd be following the rules. Something like this, maybe:
    WTB-Laying breed hatching eggs, cheap in (place state here)

Good luck! And might it have something to do with your incubator?

3. NancyDz

NancyDz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    Maybe you should search for someone close to you so your eggs don't have to travel much.
    I"ve found the cheapest eggs to be on my local craigslist. Go to Farm and garden Section and search for people selling eggs to eat. Then email them and ask if they are fertile. I've got easter eggers and wyandotte's that way for $2 and $4 a dozen for eggs.... I tell them I want to hatch some and they save the freshest ones and are careful collecting.

Good luck!

Nancy

4. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

It might be a good idea if you try to figure out what has gone wrong with your hatches and get that corrected and then get some more eggs.

5. Ashleyy_x3

Ashleyy_x3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    Maine
    k i changed it. thank you

and it could be. or its just me.. im relatively new to hatching.. but its been keeping a pretty stable temp at 100.5 (still air) and around 45% humidity.... im thinking its more because of the bad luck with shipping. theyve either gotten lost in the mail. broken. pretty old by the time they got to me. not fertile.. all that stuff. [​IMG]

6. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    That was what I was gonna say Katy,

Maybe you should find out whats wrong befor you get more eggs. Im shure if you post in the incubating hatching part they can help you figure out whats going wrong.

7. Roo

Roo Out Of The Brooder

May 17, 2008
    Lee co. KY
    Hi,
    I'd be willing to send you a doz. plus for just shipping& packing. They are cross, We have a barred rock roo over?????? Hens. Not sure on what our hens are but these are red, white, black and barred and We have hatched several with 95% hatch rate. They are very cute chicks and grow to be really nice chickens. If interested send me your zip for a shipping quote. I do accept paypal. These will be brown eggs.

8. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:If you're using a still air you need to be running 1-2 degrees higher. I keep my humidity between 30-35% for the first 18 days. Have the eggs been developing at all?

9. upthecreek

upthecreek Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2009
    South Alabama
    Buy chicks

10. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    what part of maine are you in? Go check out the chickenstocks, there is one in Oxford coming up (I think). If you get in on the conversations and ask for hatching eggs, someone will hook you up [​IMG] . I am near Portland and only have mutts right now as no one is separated yet(mostly pullet eggs at that)....
    good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by