WTB incubator and/or turner

tgrlily

Songster
10 Years
Mar 11, 2009
East Syracuse
I'm looking for 2 turners & at least 1 incubator... styro is fine. Of course, I'd like to pay as little as possible! I can also trade SQ BBS or White silke eggs or Lavender project orp eggs (I have 4 huge SQ black orp hens & 2 lav hens under a gorgeous lavender roo).

Thanks!
Renee

I have a brande new circulated air incubator with fan and turner-I have a friend who wants it-but she will not know 100% until the 16th-Its worth 159$ new ( which I just got it in Oct-and still have the box for it!) If doesn't want it or for some reason changes her mind-I cna let you know-I offered it to her for 100$

Thanks, but definitely out of my range for what I want to do with it!

I bought a big wine fridge at an auction last nite & am hoping I can convert it into an incubator without the help of my husband.... or at least with minimal help. (Not likely since he's a brilliant carpenter and electrician, but I'd like to at least design it!) It has slatted wooden shelves in it & 2 compartments. I think I can put 3 turners in the large compartment & use the smaller for a hatcher. My plan was to use heat elements from styro bators for the heat source.

Any suggestions would also be welcome!

Renee

You can buy the replacement parts for most incubators from the manufacturer. Just go the a site for like GQF & look up replacement parts. You might also check out Home depot, you can buy heating elements there and get a thermastate etc. No need to buy an old bator when you could get the new parts for less. If your shelves are flat, just buy an egg turner from Little Giant and run the outlet cord through the back of your cabinet. Good luck.

Quote:
Renee that sounds great!!!
thumbsup.gif
good for you alot braver than I am-Im very challenged in those areas. Cant you buy just tyhe heating element parts and not the whole bator???

Quote:
I'm sure I can buy the parts, but it doesn't hurt to try & find a deal. I know some people try to hatch & get discouraged or replace the small ones with a cabinet bator, so I was hoping to get lucky. Someone has some on CL but a bit farther than I care to drive for incubators. I have no problem driving several hours for chickens, though!
lol.png
This is a terrible addiction!

Back
Top Bottom