WTB: Indian Runner or Khaki Campbell in Colorado

Wifezilla

Positively Ducky
11 Years
Oct 2, 2008
Colorado
I am looking for a breeding aged female for my drake. I currently have 2 other females and need one more for a good breeding trio.

Other breeds that would work are Buffs, Ancona's, and Welsh Harlequins. Basically any medium sized good egg layer is fine.

Hi!
I have about 30 assorted full grown ducks that I raised last summer. They free range at my farm with all the other animals.
When I order poultry for my customers, I always order extras--I love raising them here at the store! Last summer I decided I needed a new group of assorted ducks at my farm (a fox had wiped out all but 4 a few months earlier). I ordered "hatchery choice" and ended up with a pretty good assortment.
I have decided to sell some of them, & you are welcome to choose any you would like.
I have also decided to sell some of my assorted geese, chickens, goats, turkeys & llamas. If you know of anyone interested, please have them contact me. My husband just received his lay-off notice, so I am forced to downsize.
I started my little store 3 years ago, but it has been a labor of love--we have lived on my husbands income so that I could grow the business. My only reward was being constantly surrounded by animals!
But, in order for my store to survive, I must sell some of my farm animals.
Let me know if you are interested.
My farm is in Byers & my store is in Deer Trail.
Thanks, Wendy

Hi Wendy,

Sorry to hear about your husband's layoff. Looks like you are about 2 hours away from me. What are your hours? I may be able to come by during the week after my son gets out of school, but sometimes he doesn't get home until 3pm. I may have to make it a weekend trip. PM me your address/phone.

Do you have any ducklings at this time? I only need one (well, maybe 2
big_smile.png
). I had a lone hatch and it needs a brooder buddy. I was going to get one at Big R, but I would rather help out a family owned small business if I can.

You may want to also post your information on the Colorado thread.

A bunch of us are planning a poultry swap at the Fountain Farmer's Market in June. I will contact you with more details the closer that gets. Some of us are sharing a booth and it is only $10 total for the booth so we are splitting the fee.

Last edited:
Hi!

I apologize for not getting back to you yesterday. We had a full day with our goats kidding--the babies are so cute! Sometimes my days are a little too full--with homeschooling my youngest, taking care of the farm animals, keeping the store going--plus everything else! Most of the time I don't get a chance to get on the computer until late evening--and I was just too tired last night. Sorry.

But, I do have plenty of full grown ducks for you to choose from. If I know when you are coming out, I can make sure I have some here at the store. I also have 20 assorted ducklings arriving March 27th.

My store hours are:
Sunday-Thursday 12 noon-8:30 pm
Friday 12noon until sundown
Closed Saturday

The name of our store is Woodland Feed & General Store
698 1st Avenue
Deer Trail, Colorado
303-769-4888

Please feel free to call me.

Thanks,

Wendy

Last edited: