WTF🥴

B_Chickle01

Songster
Nov 11, 2020
Stephentown,Ny
WHY in the world does my Silkie chick keep doing this?! I’ve never seen her do it before until now! The other two don’t not that I’ve seen! We’re hanging out on my screened in porch and i saw her she would put one wing down then slowly drop down into a side roll🤣I don’t know how to upload videos for you guys but I attached photo. Is this typical Silkie thing? This is my first time raising Silkies.

Attachments

• 83FE5516-50FC-400B-BC4D-39ECDB5E635B.jpeg
    83FE5516-50FC-400B-BC4D-39ECDB5E635B.jpeg
    343.1 KB · Views: 20
  • E15C06E7-B07E-47C4-9803-3A0E7FF95C21.jpeg
    E15C06E7-B07E-47C4-9803-3A0E7FF95C21.jpeg
    398.7 KB · Views: 18
WHY in the world does my Silkie chick keep doing this?! I’ve never seen her do it before until now! The other two don’t not that I’ve seen! We’re hanging out on my screened in porch and i saw her she would put one wing down then slowly drop down into a side roll🤣I don’t know how to upload videos for you guys but I attached photo. Is this typical Silkie thing? This is my first time raising Silkies.
Dust bathing. It's a normal chicken behavior. They scratch holes in the dirt and like to roll back and forth. Its a natural instinct to get rid of bugs and cool off during a hot day. 👍

Dust bathing. It's a normal chicken behavior. They scratch holes in the dirt and like to roll back and forth. Its a natural instinct to get rid of bugs a
Dust bathing. It's a normal chicken behavior. They scratch holes in the dirt and like to roll back and forth. Its a natural instinct to get rid of bugs and cool off during a hot day. 👍
I’ve seen my other chickens dust bathe before she’s just rolling on her side and laying there. Not flopping around and trying to kick up dirt with her wing or feet. Just lays there lol

Then it would just be sunbathing, like the other user stated 😁. Both are normal behaviors.
Didn’t even realize she said that until I read ur response! My stupid app is acting up. Ty! I appreciate it. I just get overly worried because this year was a bad year. I lost a lot of chicks I’m beginning from shipping stress 😩

No the app (and site) have some issues displaying notifications a lot of the time. Sometimes I don't get notifications for days after the fact! 😅
Oh ok! I didn’t know if it was just me! Cause i went on the browser too after attempting 3x to reply to you guys and it kept going crazy. Browser then did too so i thought it was my internet!

Back
Top Bottom