WTF..Same neighbor Different animal!

I'm a guilty cat person who lets his cat room wherever it wants.
My big girls are really big Buff Orp's and they ignore her when she is in their run. The cat does keep wild birds from coming in and stealing food or passing on diseases to the flock, she also makes quick work of any rodents that might be near the coop.

I just figure that people who allow their pets to wander loose all over the neighborhood don't really care much whether the pet comes home or not. I doubt that complaining about the cat will do any good, because it is more convenient for them to have the cat bothering the neighbors than it is for them to take care of an indoor cat.

You can install electric fence around the top of the coop. Then when the cat jumps up there, it will touch the wire, get a shock, and won't jump up on top of the coop any more.

The other option is to rent a trap and take the cat to the shelter. Since the neighbors will probably keep getting cats, it might be more economical to buy a trap so you can keep removing whatever the neighbors send over to your house for the free chicken dinner.

So sorry for you...most of the responses advised action that will likely lead to long term problems, so I thought the best were the ones that deter the cat. Nice thing is it would deter wild predators, too. So my vote goes with the electric fence. Of course if you don't want to spend the money you could do a kitty stake out with a water hose, but cats are smart enough to retest an area.

I, too, have a neighbor who believes her cat has a greater right to roam than her neighbors rights to not have her cat poop in our yards. Mostly makes me angry because of how many dead cats and dogs I see on the road who died painful deaths due to irresponsible owners.

If you arent worried about ticking them off, You could always send them a bill for the cost of eggs the chickens didn't lay due to stress from their cat every time you catch it in your yard. Plus, if you keep taking wandering pets to the pound they might eventually get tired of paying bail or getting new ones.

Good luck!

For those even thinking about releasing a cat out here in the country......they do not last long! They are easy targets for everything...especially us country folk who are tired of being "dumped" on.

Quote:
I've got a game cock whom is a Known turkey killer. I will give him to you if you will pay his bus ticket.lol Hates turkey, hawk, sn
79549_sam_0412.jpg
akes,weasle,Cat and rats. The offer is real.

Wonderful, Here I'll show you
79549_sam_0258.jpg
He may be alittle standoffish at first, but he loves his girls and treats. Who knew. Lol

And it's hard to keep him off my boots.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom