WTH is a water wiggler?

OK, I give up. What are they and what do they do? The picture that explains it perfectly to spookyevilone is meaningless to me.

you poke the probe on your thermometer into the wiggler to see what sort of temperature your eggs are internally, as fluctuations in air temp may be very different to fluctuations in egg temps! Thermometers with the probe thingo can be found in your garden store or hardware store as outdoor thermometers. They go up to about 50 degrees(thats celsius, no idea what it is farenheit!!)

Someone mentioned ziplock bags before... Glad seem to be great, and please, please double-bag just in case. You can use duct tape to shape the bags like the water wiggler. Hope that helps!!​

Last edited:
Quote:
I saw them all the time on eggbid, but I can't get there on this computer at work. I always thought it looked like a freaky sex-toy.
cool.png

You dont have to use a water wiggler, but it does illustrate how the internal egg temps do not fluctuate as quickly as the air temps, therefore, you dont panic and adjust the thermostat too quickly or too much. I incubate with and without one. I prefer the ones without the stupid little doodads inside, like the ones in my picture.

Would a few of those gloves, like health care people use, maybe tripled, one inside of the other, with water, and then insert the thermometer at the wrist area and tie it off, work do you think? Or would it take up too much room?

Back
Top Bottom