WV MD PA VA Chickenstock TSC Sat. April 23,2011

I have a question for everyone.
When you got home from the swap last Sat how many checked your chickens and gathered eggs for the day and found broodies?
Or is it just me that got visited by the broody beast while at swap?
barnie.gif

Blrw 4 out of 6
BW was 2 out of 4 but the oldest was not having a broody nest mate.
roll.png

Wheaten Marans 1 out of 4 and she will leave you and other hens with a nub if you get to close!
th.gif
made me so mad! Don't they know I have a nice incubator!
barnie.gif

So I stuck every egg I had gathered for the two days before and that day back under every single one of those brats!
Now I wish I had the 4 hens I sold at the swap!
Or the chicks would grow like a weed and start laying:th
Erin if going to do that might as well jump in with both feet!
As far as talking about breeds I think it would be best that the people walk around and talk to the breeders about their breeds while looking at what will be for sale.
That way we can make sure everyone has had people there at their set ups.
As you know we like to talk about them!
Also staples in martinsburg makes banners on site you make it the way you want it pictures and all save as a jpeg and take it to them and they can make it there. They charge by the ft not by colors or pictures. Oh you also have to flatten the layers too and makes sure that everything is centered. Hubby did not catch ours till after the fact.
hmm.png

A 12/72 is like $50 plus tax.
Let me know if I can help.
Erin if you would like a banner (or anyone) and not sure how to do it just let me know what you want and send your pics and I'll make one up and send it to you.

Carol.in.WV :

This farm thing is sounding very exciting. Maybe I could even get my husband to come and then get interested in helping out with the chickens.

I am so glad you are planning on coming. I drag my hubby around
wink.png
Erin, Tonya, and myself all have our husbands involved.

I will do the displays for the "show" area. Ideas abound!.

For any tented area in June we will also need big fans and extension cords

Quote:
I am so glad you are planning on coming. I drag my hubby around
wink.png
Erin, Tonya, and myself all have our husbands involved

I will do the displays for the "show" area. Ideas abound!.

For any tented area in June we will also need big fans and extension cords

tongue.gif
Lord knows some times I wish he was not!
Right now I keep hearing you get everything you want what about what I want. No I don't want to build more coops.
Yes I want slw no you get rid of the blues!
smack.gif
his crazy! Build yes he will as I'm bidding on foley slw eggs right now for him!!
Tammy & Erin let me know what I can do.

let's tentatively say July 23rd for the Gower's swap. I will call Linda tomorrow and see what she says.

Tonya, I have turkey eggs whenever you'd like to come and get some. I'll give you some but... don't know when you want to make the drive... any day is fine ... or weekend just let me know.

And, Tonya, I'd like some professional signs made for the "Maryland Poultry Swap and Farmer's Market"
big_smile.png
Im working on the site now... should have it ready to go in a couple of days then hit the advertising hard. And, I understand what you mean about the chickenkeeping 101 booth and no one wanting to run it but, thought maybe we can do a time.. like after the madness say late morning to do a demonstration of some sort... like the mach show won't coop in til 11 and judges can judge at leisure til say 3 when we can do the awards... some of which will be for "most lady like" and "biggest attitude"
big_smile.png
i think I may have a judge to do the deed and give a brief explanatory of what he looks for in a show quality bird.

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there. I had a great start with breakfast at the Bavarian Inn with my mom and then off to the farmers market .. good day then came home to sleeping kids so I had some time in my garden...

I wanted to spread the word. I spoke with Linda from Gowers Feed yesterday. She said that any weekend would be fine so we tentatively agreed on Sat. July 16th. I will start advertising for this one as soon as mine is over on the 18th and we can have flyers there for this one. If this weekend isn't great for anyone, we can bump it back a week but, I'd really appreciate it if we didn't go any closer to the Maryland Swap so we don't step on eachother's toes. I'll update the site once I get some feedback about that weekend then we can start getting the word out. Thanks, all

Back
Top Bottom