WV MD PA VA Chickenstock TSC Sat. September 25th

Quote:
I am still debating on this tempting offer. The only hold out is that this is the busy time, busy, did I say busy time for me with canning, farming, farmers markets and plus I would have to connect with you since Sharpsburg isn't your home but it is in between our homes. I am still trying to think if I can make it. I just wanted to let you know so you weren't left hanging. I will get back to you in the next few days.

Thanks

Hey, no problem. They will be headed to chickenstock regardless... so ,take your time.

I am just now going through the last of my put ups from last season. I have tomatoes on the vine and I hit Orr's Farm market http://www.orrsfarmmarket.com/ yesterday and checked out what they have. You can typically get a bushel of peach seconds for around 6 - 8 dollars. And, they are very picky about their produce so, even the seconds look just like my firsts
lol.png
I picked up a half bushel yesterday more for eating but, will definitely have some for canning. I will regret it if I don't do at least a little bit.

SC, thanks for posting flyers. As for what Im hatching. I have a RACK of rosecombs and mille cochins BUT, I won't know quality til around 6 months so I have to hang on to them... and winter them. Im converting my dad's barn into some grow out pens but, he's had a weasel problem in there so, we're going to have to get serious about the predator situation. He's been trying to trap whatever it is (pulls chickens out of the barn through holes, has gotten chickens inside the barn and just ate the feet
sickbyc.gif
and some of my turkey polts ...2 month old ones.. have just flat out disappeared)
idunno.gif

Im even really worried about my tractors in the yard out there. I will have to reinforce. I cannot say how sick I'd be if I lost any of my adult birds.
barnie.gif

Best of luck getting rid of them Erin.
I have 3 olive green,3cuckoo,5 blue,blk,or wheaton marans eggs to go in the bator. plue the 2 cuckoo and 4 olive green eggs a broody is sitting on. So it is getting better. I think its lacy my older blue hen &/or the black laying the others, but you know what will happen if I just say them a yellow chick will pop out of the egg. I know the roos have been mating them but I'm
fl.gif
anyway. I hope they hatch as I will keep some and move on others. the roo that is breeding them is my wheaton so I hope to get blue wheatons 1 or 2 would be great. Egg color is great too!

I'm looking for black copper pullets and blue copper pullets. If anyone has any please let me know. I e-mailed that one guy Erin and have not heard anything from him. if the girls are laying good I'll trade eggs or 1/2 eggs 1/2 $ or all $ does not matter to m just what good Marans color eggs 4 or better on the scale.

Hey everyone
smile.png
Would people be interested in tshirts? Maybe with a cute little chicken and a saying on them like " I went clucking crazy at th Martinsburg Fall Chickenstock 2010"? If we ordered 50 shirts they would be $3.95 each (add $1.50 for sizes 2xl &3xl), basically $6-7 each after shipping. I was thinking a grass green shirt with white/light yellow ink? Shirts also come in kids sizes (6-8, 10-12, 14-16). I'll gladly order them but wanted to see interest first .

Last edited:
Hi Guys. Im not sure I can go to this chicken swap. I have another event to go to same day in VA.. and I dont see how I can do both...
However.
The swap is not really out of the way..... if you guys want to pre pay and pre order birds. I can drop them off at the swap at 7-8 am.

Off the top of my head this is what I will have available:

4 Sebastopol geese.... half grown and unsexed.
PEACHICKS india blue pied and dark pied.... cameo... cameo pied... spalding... white
5-6 started silkie chicks cuckoo and blue and white.
started pairs mottled d'uccle in blue and black
Started Blue and black sumatra
started white phoenix
started wheaten ameracauna pairs and chicks
solid blue black splash marans chicks
exchequer leghorns adults/chicks
and extra roosters in all the above
smile.png
)

Quote:
Awesome! I would order one for myself (XL) and one kids shirt. ...Maybe you could sell them there for like $7 ea? You could always bring any extras to the Spring swap. If could chip in some bucks if you need to make an order. Pm me. I also have a lovely blue girl for you in my grow out. I'll bring her. Matt would like one too. I have a younger one for him.

Kat, you will be missed but, I will try to make the trip to Peachickland once Im settled in MD.

Quote:
Awesome! I would order one for myself (XL) and one kids shirt. ...Maybe you could sell them there for like $7 ea? You could always bring any extras to the Spring swap. If could chip in some bucks if you need to make an order. Pm me. I also have a lovely blue girl for you in my grow out. I'll bring her. Matt would like one too. I have a younger one for him.

Kat, you will be missed but, I will try to make the trip to Peachickland once Im settled in MD.

I just designed a shirt
smile.png
If I leave out Fall & 2010 I could always sell the extras at other swaps.
smile.png
I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE the bluegirl
smile.png
Approximately how old is she?

Quote:
Awesome! I would order one for myself (XL) and one kids shirt. ...Maybe you could sell them there for like $7 ea? You could always bring any extras to the Spring swap. .

Just a thought, maybe just put "at the Eastern Panhandle Chickenstock" so it could be used next year or at other locations like Gower's.

Back
Top Bottom