WV Spring ChickenStock Sat. April 24 8-12 TSC Martinsburg

We will be there with all kinds of goodies!! I hope we can get Npip beforehand- I just have to stop hatching eggs at some point!! (I also wish I could figure out if my silkies are boys or girls- lol!! -it would be embarrassing to try to sell them as straight run at 5 months old!)

How much do you guys sell your chicks/and-or/point of lay hens, etc for? I don't want to ask too much-little (and I've never been to a chickenstock-lol-i missed it last fall). We will have silkies, bantam cochins (just regular colors, nothing fancy), maybe a few leghorn hens, maybe some mutt hatching eggs (our main roo is a polish, the rest of the flock different purebreds- we are still trying to figure out what we want- lol!). I guess I will know better closer to time
smile.png

This is going to be a great learning experience for us!!

Thanks for organizing it!!

Quote:
I know someone who showed a silkie at 9 months as a cockerel and it laid an egg in the show pen!!
lau.gif

As for pricing, I always price mine too high so Im not the one to ask. Layers at POL maybe 8-10 Bantams many 5-10 depending on sex and cuteness. SQ bantams 20+ Layer chicks... remember TSC will have these too so you should probably price them accordingly. Bantam chicks maybe 3-4?

There are more than double the WV member since last years event so that alone should make a huge difference. We also have word of mouth on our side. And everyone is already running them!!
big_smile.png

I should have flyers soon and I'll post them.

Quote:
I know someone who showed a silkie at 9 months as a cockerel and it laid an egg in the show pen!!
lau.gif

As for pricing, I always price mine too high so Im not the one to ask. Layers at POL maybe 8-10 Bantams many 5-10 depending on sex and cuteness. SQ bantams 20+ Layer chicks... remember TSC will have these too so you should probably price them accordingly. Bantam chicks maybe 3-4?

There are more than double the WV member since last years event so that alone should make a huge difference. We also have word of mouth on our side. And everyone is already running them!!
big_smile.png

I should have flyers soon and I'll post them.

Thanks for the info!! Would you like me to send you some $ now? I'd be happy to!

Im still not sure how much we will be charging... if any but no more than $3. I'll collect when we set up. Thanks for the offer though.

Oh Yeah! I missed the one last Fall. Already got this one marked on the calendar!!!!! Can't wait to meet all the BYC friends,and their chickens.
wink.png
yippiechickie.gif
ya.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif
clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom